April 21-24,2020 -Lagos
November 23-26,2020 -Abuja
December 14-17,2020 -Accra,Ghana
The CFO academy is a practical, strategic capacity development and enhancement programme for current, potential and aspiring Chief Financial Officers. The CFO job is one of the toughest jobs in the world. Today’s chief financial officers (CFOs) are expected to play four diverse and challenging roles: steward, operator, strategist and catalyst. These varied roles make a CFO’s job more complex than ever.
Thus, because you share the ultimate financial responsibility for your company, you must be prepared to answer every tough question!
Are you satisfied with your organization’s current financial strategy? Does the CEO share your view? Is the year’s operating plan positively aligned with your company’s strategic vision? Are all your finance people motivated to perform at real-world levels of productivity? Are your financial reporting vehicles in line with required compliance guidelines?
Proactive CFOs are setting a clear vision to meet business expectations in today’s increasingly volatile and complex world. This course is tailored specifically for the CFO keen to meet the demands of business leaders who want their finance unit or department to deliver increasingly sophisticated levels of service, whilst continuing its evolution as a true partner in the business. It comprehensively focuses on the modern day challenges, the way in which finance leadership is evolving and the future role of the CFO..
The program will highlight valuable insights into practices that are being adopted by CFOs globally, and will provide a useful forum for networking and sharing experiences. Delegates will be able to contribute to numerous group discussions, as well as drawing upon the extensive experiences of each other, the course director and instructors.
By attending this course, you will learn about:
- CFO’s duties, liabilities and future role.
- How to set up and manage your finance department, effectively and efficiently
– Delivering a balanced finance operating model that is responsive, scalable and cost effective.
– Motivating and retaining the right people.
- Developing and communicating strategy so everybody understands where Finance department is heading
- Learn how to align your finance strategy with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Long term planning and resource allocation.
- The CFO and enterprise risk management.
- Ensuring sound governance framework around information integrity, ethics and corruption, including bribery and fraud.
- Preparing for and meeting the expectations of internal and external auditors
- Developing more influence with the executive board, business management and stakeholders.
- Develop effective working capital management, business and commercial strategies to improve liquidity and bottom-line.
- Navigate complex cost management and revenue maximisation strategies.
- Monitor and analyse company’s performance against budgets and forecasts.
- The latest updates on IFRS.
- How to integrate and represent a company’s performance, in terms of both financial and other value relevant information.
Who Should Attend
l Finance Directors and Senior Finance Executives
l Aspiring CFOs and Finance Directors
l Financial Controllers and Managers
l Executive Board Directors
The CFO Academy brings together a multidisciplinary team of seasoned industry leaders and subject matter specialists, to help CFOs stay ahead in the face of growing challenges and demands.